ECA - Arizona Public School Tax Credit

Tax Credit Donations - It's a Win, Win!

Make a difference!

Thank you for helping us!

What is the ECA?

Under Arizona law, Arizona tax payers can claim a non-refundable individual tax credit for fees and cash contributions paid to public schools (including charters) in Arizona for the support of extracurricular activities or character education programs.

The credit is equal to the amount of fees paid or amount contributed, dollar-for-dollar, up to $200 for single or head of household taxpayers and up to $400 for married taxpayers that file a joint return. (ARS § 43-1089.01)

Who Can Participate?

The state tax credit is available to ALL qualifying individual Arizona state taxpayers. You do not need to have a child enrolled at FrenchAm to take advantage of this state tax credit.

We ask every family to contribute their Tax Credit and invite their extended network of friends and family to do the same.

How does it work?

If you qualify for the state tax credit, you can make a contribution. When you file your Arizona state taxes, you then subtract the amount of your contribution from what you owe or add the amount to your refund.

  • As a married couple, you ou make a $400 contribution to FrenchAm.
    1. You owe $500 in Arizona state taxes. You subtract $400 from your Arizona state taxes. Your tax bill will then be $100.
    2. If you are expecting an $800 refund on your Arizona state taxes. You add $400 to your Arizona state tax refund. Your refund will be $1,200.

Frequently Asked Questions